Discover the world’s largest Titanic visitor experience and explore the Titanic story in a truly unforgettable way.
Located only a short walk from Belfast City Centre and on the 4th stop with a Belfast City Sightseeing Hop-on/Hop-off ticket, the iconic six-floor building is not only an architectural triumph for the city but also houses the world’s largest and most dramatic Titanic visitor experience.
Titanic Belfast Experience Tour
With your Titanic Belfast & Belfast City Tour ticket you can jump off the bus at a time that suits you best, our busses pick up and drop off every 30-60 minutes so no need to worry about getting back to the city centre if it happens to be raining after the tour!
Enter Titanic Belfast and it’s all aboard for an experience that is, without doubt, something to remember for grandparents, parents and kids alike. Be swept back in time to learn about the thriving industries and exciting design innovations that led to the creation of RMS Titanic and delve into the lives of the everyday working class people who worked tirelessly to build what was once the largest and most luxurious ship ever constructed.
Experience first-hand audio accounts of the metal workers who painstakingly hammered every precision made bolt into the ships hull and learn about the upholstery fitters, wood craftsmen, and engineers who undertook the daunting task of building the Titanic to the highest levels ever seen in that era. Pass through the original Harland & Wolff gates to continue the journey to the Shipyard and the dark ride that uses special effects, animations, and full-scale reconstructions to recreate the reality of shipbuilding in the early 1900s.
A dramatic experience
The pacing of the tour is excellent, there’s not much time to catch your breath as you’re greeted with a panoramic eagle’s eye view of the actual slipways on which both the Titanic and the Olympic once rested. Then it’s all aboard to experience an eclectic range of exhibits, models, interactive databases and elaborate computer-generated imagery which illustrate the ship’s opulent fit-out including exact replicas of the cabins, and journeys through the dining areas, the ship’s engine rooms, working interiors and deck promenade, where visitors can see and hear the oceans and feel the engines rumbling.
Guests then move on to paying tribute to the loss of this magnificent ship and the 1,500 men, women and children who lost their lives on her tragic maiden voyage, experience the aftermath, the inquiries and the sensational news reports of the time. The story is then brought up to the present with the discovery of the wreck and into the future with live links to contemporary undersea exploration. Complete your Titanic Experience with a visit to the world’s last remaining White Star vessel and RMS Titanic’s original tender ship – SS Nomadic. Walk the decks, explore the ship, and take a journey through over 100 years of authentic maritime and social history.
Stop for a bite
Choose from a wide range of hearty menu options in Bistro 401 Restaurant featuring the very best of local Northern Irish produce and inspired by RMS Titanic. For a lighter bite and food on the go, stop by The Galley Express Food Bar to enjoy a range of speciality teas, luxury coffees and local delicacies! Both eateries are open to the public daily and are located on the ground floor of Titanic Belfast.
Fancy a tipple? Stop by Hickson’s Point, for heritage-inspired food and drink, traditional music and a cosy atmosphere!
Visiting on a Sunday? Indulge yourself with a luxury Afternoon Tea by the Grand Staircase in the Titanic Suite!
“This is one of the biggest and most well-thought-out Titanic museums in the world…”
- The Titanic Experience: Titanic Belfast extends over nine interactive galleries, with multiple dimensions to the exhibition, drawing together special effects, dark rides, full-scale reconstructions and innovative interactive features. Explore the shipyard, travel to the depths of the ocean and uncover the true legend of Titanic, in the city where it all began.
- SS Nomadic: Complete your Titanic Experience with a visit to the world’s last remaining White Star vessel and RMS Titanic’s original tender ship – SS Nomadic! Walk the decks, explore the ship, and take a journey through over 100 years of authentic maritime and social history.
- Titanic Slipways & Plaza: Titanic Belfast stands at the head of the historic slipways where Titanic was built and is surrounded by a plaza laden with hidden symbolism just waiting to be discovered.
- The Discovery Tour: Discover Titanic from the very spot where she was launched to the creation of the world’s largest Titanic visitor attraction with an award-winning guided walking tour.
- The Gift Shop: The gift shop at Titanic Belfast carries over 100 publications, exclusive ranges of clothing, memorabilia, vintage posters and local arts, crafts & food produce, and is open to the general public in the Grand Atrium.
The tour design has included excellent mobility access for those with disabilities. All circulation spaces and galleries at Titanic Belfast are fully accessible. Families visiting Titanic Belfast with children with ASD can contact them via their Accessibility Care Line for advice about queuing and any other information required.
Please call Titanic Belfast on +44 (0)28 9076 6399. Titanic Belfast have a number of aids they can provide to assist families with ASD for full information please see here. In conjunction with Shop Mobility, Titanic Belfast can arrange for mobility scooters to be available for the duration of your visit (subject to availability). For more information please contact them on +44 (0)28 9080 8090 or via Facebook.