The Belfast Political Tour is a three hour walking tour led by ex-prisoners from both a Republican and a Loyalist background.
The political conflict known as ‘the Troubles’ raged through Belfast and Northern Ireland from 1969 to 1998. On this tour you will hear the stories and the experiences of two different guides from either side of that conflict.
Your first guide will lead you on a walk up the Falls Road and describe the period of conflict to you from a Republican perspective. After 1.5 hours your first guide will hand you over at the Peace Wall to your second guide who will lead you through the Shankill Road area and describe the conflict from a Loyalist perspective.
Bookings can also be placed in store or by telephoning +44 (0)28 9031 0101. If you have any specific queries about the itinerary just get in touch and we will assist you in any way we can.
One conflict. Two guides. Two stories
- Checkin at 2:15pm
- Depart Divis Tower at 2:30pm with 1st guide
- Hand over at Peace Wall at 4:00pm with 2nd guide
- Tour ends at 5:30pm (approx) on the Shankill Road
- Meet at 2:15pm at Divis Tower
- Tour departs at 2:30pm
- Tour finishes on the Shankill Road close to Belfast City Centre
Please come dressed appropriately for not only the season, but also for the activity.
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable shoes
- Bottle of water
- Republican tour guide
- Loyalist tour guide
- For cancellation up to 72 hours prior to departure date: 10% administration fee will be imposed
- For cancellation less than 72 hours prior to departure date or 'no-show': 100% of the total amount will be charged
- Tickets for events or attractions are non-refundable
- Airport, limousine and coach transfer services are non-refundable
- Some of the images and languages shown on this tour may be unsuitable for minors